Mentally ill people are not weak. It takes great strength to endure this shit.
- You may feel isolated, but you are never alone. 20% of us suffer.
- Your mind can tell you terrible lies when you’re down. Be prepared to tell it to f’ off.
- Not seeking help is stupidity.
- Don’t stop medication because it makes you fat, impotent, or sloth-like. Just change it.
- Confiding in people you respect can have amazing results.
- If you’re going through hell, it’s best to keep going.
- Mental illness is an equal opportunity employer.
- Shame is for people who do shameful things. It has no place in mental illness.
- You will not embarrass yourself by asking how someone is travelling. People will love you for it.
Think no-one is interested in your story of mental illness? Think again:
Word Count: 143